State of the Net Pre-Conference, Hyatt Regency
January 26, 2010, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Seminar: Broadband Infrastructure and Net Neutrality
|2:00 to 2:25 pm||Introductory Remarks|
- Commissioner Michael J. Copps, Federal Communications Commission [bio]
- Commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker, Federal Communications Commission [bio]
|2:25 to 3:20 pm||Panel #1: "The Top Five Government Keys to Speeding Broadband Adoption"
- Kenneth Peres, Communications Workers for America [bio]
- Charles Davidson, New York Law School [bio]
- Nicol Turner-Lee, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies [bio]
- The Honourable Derek Wyatt, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom [bio]
- Rey Ramsey, (moderator) TechNet [bio]
|3:25 to 4:20 pm||Panel #2: "Round 1: The FCC's Net Neutrality NPRM Comments, Where Are We?"
- Susan Crawford, (moderator) Professor of Law and Information, University of Michigan Law School [bio]
- Markham Erickson, Open Internet Coalition [bio]
- Christopher Yoo, Professor of Law and Communication, University of Pennsylvania Law School [bio]
During this panel Susan Crawford will moderate a focused one-on-one debate about "The Economics of Net Neutrality: The Impact on Innovation and Investment" featuring:
- Michael Livermore, Executive Director, Institute for Policy Integrity, New York University School of Law [bio]
- Hal Singer, President, Empiris LLC [bio]
|5:00 to 7:00 pm||13th Annual Kickoff Technology Policy Exhibition|
This is a widely attended event hosted by the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (ICAC), part of a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. The ICAC is a private sector organization comprised of public interest groups, trade associations, non-profits, and industry leaders. The diversity of ICAC membership ensures that all educational events and initiatives are fair and balanced forums for Internet-related discussion. The ICAC does not promote any particular policy position.