VOIP: Why is it not your parents' Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS?)
March 16, 2004
Prepared by Members of the Internet Caucus Advisory Committee
- Association for Competitive Technology
- Center for Democracy and Technology
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Information Technology Association of America
- Information Technology Industry Council
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- National Cable and Telecommunications Assc.
- Progress and Freedom Foundation
- Telecommunications Industry Association
- VON Coalition
About This Compilation: Congressional staff have indicated to Internet Caucus Advisory Committee staff that succinct Internet policy position papers from a variety of perspectives would be helpful in their Congressional work. Based on that suggestion, the ICAC has requested of all its 200 member organizations one pager issue briefs on the topic of
VOIP: Why is it not your parents' Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS?) The position papers herein reflect only the perspective of the organization that submitted it. The ICAC hopes that the scope of submissions reflects a balanced and diverse perspective on this issue. This one pager compilation serves to augment the Internet Caucus Advisory Committee event on VoIP. We hope that you find this compilation helpful and please provide comments and suggestions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning Tim Lordan at 202-638-4370.