|3:30 pm||Legislating Cybersecurity: A Government Staff Perspective |
Addressing the challenge of taking all the various cyber security bills, MOUs, roadmaps, initiatives, reports and plans existing within Congressional committees and various agencies, this panel will focus on offering some clarification on how everything can be pulled together. Key staff and officials dealing with cyber security from various jurisdictions will discuss how the stakeholders will work together and the plan to harmonize and coordinate efforts.- Matt McCabe, Sr. Counsel, House Homeland Security Committee (majority) [bio]
- Brandon Milhorn, Republican Staff Director & Chief Counsel, Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee (minority) [bio]
- Jake Olcott, Counsel, Senate Commerce Committee (majority) [bio]
- Branden Ritchie, Legislative Director for Congressman Bob Goodlatte [bio]
- Tommy Ross, Sr. Defense & Intelligence Advisor to Senator Harry Reid [bio]
- Shane Tews (moderator), Vice President of Global Public Policy & Government Relations, VeriSign, Inc. [bio]
* Subject to change. More panels and keynotes may be added.
This is a widely attended event hosted by the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (ICAC), part of a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. The ICAC is a private sector organization comprised of public interest groups, trade associations, non-profits, and industry leaders. The diversity of ICAC membership ensures that all educational events and initiatives are fair and balanced forums for Internet-related discussion. The ICAC does not promote any particular policy position.