Encryption Takes the Hill! ICAC Panelists Ellis and Bitkower Testify at Judiciary Hearing
This afternoon, ICAC encryption panelists Deputy Assistant Attorney General David Bitkower and Jen Ellis of Rapid7 testify at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Cyber Crime: Modernizing our Legal Framework for the Information Age.
Bitkower and Ellis spoke on the ICAC panel “Encrypting Smartphones and Internet Messages: Are Americans More or Less Secure?” in March along with Tal Kopan of Politico, Amie Stepanovich of Access, and Heather West of CloudFlare.
You can watch or listen to video and audio podcast of the event below for a terrific overview of the debate.
[thaudio href=”http://netcaucus.org/audio/2015/20150312crypto.mp3″]Listen to Audio[/thaudio]
Encrypting Smartphones and Internet Messages: Are Americans More or Less Secure?
Date: Thursday, March 12, 2015
Location Rayburn House Office Building Room 2226
- David Bitkower, Deputy Assistant Attorney General (Criminal Division), United States Department of Justice (Bio)
- Jen Ellis, Senior Director of Community and Public Affairs, Rapid7 (Bio)
- Tal Kopan, Cybersecurity Reporter, Politico Pro (Moderator) (Bio)
- Amie Stepanovich, Senior Policy Counsel, Access (Bio)
- Heather West, Public Policy, CloudFlare