Date: Friday, June 5, 2015
Our expert panel debates the latest developments in the international drama that is Internet governance. There is much fodder for discussion: the federal government’s decision to cede control of key Internet functions to ICANN, ICANN’s efforts to become an accountable steward of these functions, attempts by international organizations such as the U.N. to exert greater control over Internet decisions in fora like WSIS+10, and the .sucks domain name controversy.
- Jamie Hedlund, Vice President, Strategic Programs, Global Domain Division, ICANN
- Michelle Sara King, President & CEO, King Consults
- Cheryl Miller, Director, International Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Verizon
- Milton Mueller, Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
- Jon Nevett, Co-Founder & EVP, Donuts Inc.
- Peter Dengate Thrush, former Chairman of the Board of Directors, ICANN
- Sally Shipman Wentworth, Vice President of Global Policy Development, Internet Society moderator