It’s been a wild six seven months of proposals to reign in AI deployment. Join us on Friday for lunch where a panel of AI policy experts will sum up the AI landscape. The panel will discuss recent regulatory AI proposals from the White House’s AI efforts and agreement with leading AI companies to legislative efforts in Congress. They will even discuss the Federal Trade Commission’s data request to Open AI. Bring your questions and your appetite.
– Evi Fuelle, Global Policy Director, Credo AI (Bio)
– Anna Lenhart, George Washington University’s Institute for Data Democracy and Politics (Bio)
– Nick Garcia, Policy Counsel at Public Knowledge (Bio)
– Joshua Landau, Senior Counsel, Innovation Policy at CCIA (Bio)
Date: Friday, July 28, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
– Rayburn House Office Building Room 2168 (In-person)
– Virtual (RSVP for Livestream)
RSVP: Register for in-person and virtual via Eventbrite here.
Our discussion is hosted by the Congressional Internet Caucus Academy in conjunction with the Congressional Internet Caucus.
Federal AI Legislation in 117th Congress: An Analysis of Proposals from the 117th Congress Relevant to Generative AI tools
– by Anna Lenhart
Credo AI Perspective on Voluntary Commitments to Manage AI Risks Announced by OSTP
– Navrina Singh, with Evi Fuelle.
Understanding AI: A Guide To Sensible Governance
– by CCIA
Generative Artificial Intelligence: Overview, Issues, and Questions for Congress
– by Laurie A. Harris, Congressional Research Service (CRS).
THE TOP 10 FEDERAL REGULATORS OF AI
YOU SHOULD KNOW … AND THIS IS WHAT THEY THINK
– by Hermine Wong