This is our Tech Policy Recess discussion on “Digital Identity: Cybersecurity’s New Hope?” on October 3. October is Cyber Security Awareness Month and we’re doing our part to highlight new policy developments in cyber security. Sadly, there is a lack of awareness about the cyber importance of digital identity. Our panel will discuss how a strong digital identity strategy can help prevent cyber attacks, and how we can implement it to enable a more secure future.
– Zach Isakowitz, Legislative Director, Congressman Michael McCaul
-Cara Mumford, U.S. Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
– Connie LaSalle, Senior Technology Policy Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
– Tim Weiler, Economic Policy Advisor & Legislative Counsel, Congressman Bill Foster
– Sean Frazier, Federal Chief Security Officer, Okta
– Jeremy Grant, Better Identity Coalition, (Moderator)
Date: Monday, October 3, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. ET
Our discussion is hosted by the Congressional Internet Caucus Academy in conjunction with the Congressional Internet Caucus.